Who we are looking for:
ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology) has embarked on a pioneering effort to develop a learning healthcare system in oncology. This system, CancerLinQ, (www.cancerlinq.org) aggregates data from the day to day care of cancer patients to improve the quality of care and improve health outcomes of all patients with cancer. We are looking for a smart and talented DevOps Engineer to join us in our fight against cancer. The selected candidate will develop code that manages the infrastructure for the CancerLinQ platform, ensure security of the platform, and develop the code pipeline that takes application code from development all the way to production. This position is based in San Francisco, CA or Alexandria, VA.
- Member of the team responsible for management of the CancerLinQ’s hosting platforms
- Focus on compliance, security, documentation, audit and processes associated with operating the CancerLinQ platform
- Design, develop and maintain automated processes that enable the continuous integration and delivery of improvements to the CancerLinQ platform and applications
- Work with the Security and Privacy Officer to drive best practices, establish the proper set of controls and ensure that established policies are followed
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues with the infrastructure to meet uptime and performance requirements
- Drive adherence to industry standards for information security and operations and support external audits
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent educational background
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing the technical operations for a secure and scalable hosted web application or service
- Solid background in Linux administration
- Knowledge of relational databases, storage, networking, virtualization and AWS or GCP
- Ability to write high-quality code (Go, Python, Ruby etc)
- Passion for relentless automation and ruthless testing
- Ability and knowledge to think of infrastructure and configuration as code.
- Prior experience working with Terraform, Docker, Chef, GitHub, Splunk and New Relic in a production environment.
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Please apply online at: https://asco.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ASCO/job/San-Francisco/DevOps-Engineer_R63