Shippo is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a core engineering team developing our API, services, and/or applications for our customers. Your team will be responsible for developing new features, building infrastructure and maintaining current services. This person will report to the VP of Engineering and will work alongside our engineering management team.
- Grow and develop a cohesive, high-functioning team that reflects Shippo’s values.
- Manage and set direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning. Own the success of your team's projects and deliver quantifiable results in a timely manner.
- Define the team's roadmap, success metrics, and priorities in close collaboration with other engineering teams and cross-functional partners to ensure we are focusing on the highest value projects.
- Lead technical architecture review and planning sessions around features and products.
- Proactively work with business teams and provide early input to new product ideas and functionality.
- 5+ years of experience in software development with 3+ years managing engineering teams.
- Experience collaborating with designers, product managers, and other engineering leaders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Past experience and success building scalable APIs, services, or applications
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and familiarity with various design and architectural patterns.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. You are adept at communicating relevant information clearly and concisely.
- Deep understanding of customer needs and passion for customer success
- Ability to look ahead to identify opportunities, foster a culture of innovation, and build for scale.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with microservices architecture and Go programming language
- Experience developing single-page applications and React, Ember.js, or AngularJS
- Interest and experience in performance tuning, concurrency, microservices, security, data analytics, and web stack
- Experience integrating with APIs that use REST, SOAP and other technologies
- Medical, dental, vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents).
- Flexible vacation policy + flexible work hours.
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks.
- Fun team events outside of work hours.
- Awesome team that cares about Shippo's mission, product and co-workers!
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns. Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals.
Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub and others.